This England Christmas 2021
Our 2021 Christmas magazine is packed with stories celebrating the traditional English Christmas with features from your favourite writers, including:
* Deborah Stone finds our most appealing stately homes with the best makers' markets to go Christmas shopping at.
* Peter Stewart on the history of the Christmas tree and how to find the perfect one.
* Apollo 8 took place over Christmas 1968 with astronauts broadcasting from space on Christmas Evel We look back at a momentous trip.
*The heart-warming tale of a Devon donkey sanctuary at Christmas.
* Mairi Hughes delves into mince pies, meeting an artisan family who have been making them for generations and exploring the world's biggest mince pie factory.
* John Greeves highlights the richly diverse wildlife to look out for on your Christmas walk.
* Pheobe Taplin explores the magnificent Ely Cathedral - one of the "Seven Wonders of the Medieval World".
* Robert Peel brings the lively Georgian Christmas to life.
* The very best Christmas plants to give and receive.
Plus, there's plenty more including Christmas books and diary, festive classical music and iconic English shops. Also, discover the best gardens to see awe-inspiring light displays and we look back at royal Christmases over the years.