Lifted Over The Turnstiles Volume 2 and 3
Pre-Order for delivery in November!
Lifted Over the Turnstiles Volumes Two & Three, the latest titles from Steve Finan, promise to be among the best yet!
“A photographic masterpiece” – Craig Brown CBE, Scotland Manager 1993-2001
Three years in the making, Steve has brought together a fabulous selection of archive images, some never-before-seen or have lain unseen for decades in the archive.
Looking at grounds across the country, each volume contains around 700 photos of Scottish football grounds, players and crowd scenes.
Former Scotland Manager Craig Brown (Volume 2) and former Scotland international, Leanne Crichton (Volume 3) provide forewords football fans will love as they start their nostalgic trip down memory lane.
Highlights across the two volumes include:
- A look at a huge number of grounds across Scotland from throughout the black and white era
- Grounds that no longer exist including Airdrie’s Broomfield, Third Lanark’s Cathkin Park and Clyde’s Shawfield Park!
- Chapters focusing on aspects of football grounds that have been forgotten
- Hampden, which was for many decades the mightiest sports stadium in the northern hemisphere
- Unseen photos of the classic 1960 European Cup Final featuring Di Stefano, Gento and Puskas
These books are the best gifts you could give a football fan!