D C Thomson & Co (“We” “Us” “Our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any Personal Information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of UK data protection legislation.
unless the context otherwise requires, in this Agreement the following expressions shall have the meanings set out below:-
"Affiliate" means organisations which we partner work or associate with;
We may collect Personal Information about you, should you contact Us.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to Us shall be used only for the following purposes and shall not be kept longer than as is necessary to fulfil these purposes:-
- To process your orders, and let you know of important things that affect you, for example changes to the website;
- To help diagnose problems with Our server, to collect general report information and to administer the website;
- To understand what you want and provide you with better products, services and information and to notify you by email, post or telephone of any products or special offers which We or any of our Group Companies or Affiliates provide, unless you state that you do not want to receive marketing information by ticking the appropriate box. The information which We provide to you may be about products or special offers which are different to the Goods or Services you purchased from Us (if appropriate) and under which you provided us with your personal information. If you have agreed to receive marketing material of this nature but no longer want to receive marketing of this nature you can opt-out by contacting email@example.com, by calling us at 0800 318 846 or if you have a DC Thomson shop account, you can view and amend your privacy preferences at the ‘My Account’ area on www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk by clicking on the “Amend My Privacy Preferences” link and sending Us an email. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to set up an account with Us to make a purchase;
- To carry out research (for example, market research); and
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information which you have given Us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
We may from time to time exchange your Personal Information with a member of Our Group Companies or Affiliates for the purposes of allowing them to send you information on their goods or services by email, telephone or post, unless you tell Us that you do not agree to the disclosure of your Personal Information in this way by ticking the relevant box at the time of collection of your Personal Information. If you have agreed to receive marketing material from Our Group Companies and/or Affiliates, but no longer want to receive this information, please contact the relevant Group Company or Affiliate.
We will disclose your Personal Information to our employees and companies working on Our behalf for the purposes set out in Clause 3.1. Where We use third party companies to process your Personal Information on Our behalf, these companies are bound by strict contractual provisions with Us and have no right to use your Personal Information except on Our behalf and only for fulfilling the task they have been contracted to do.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if We, or substantially all of Our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by Us, about Our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We aim to keep the Personal Information We hold about you accurate and up-to-date. If you tell Us that We are holding any inaccurate Personal Information about you, We will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call Us at 0800 318 846 to update your Personal Information or if you have a DC Thomson shop account, you can view and update your details at the ‘My Account’ area on www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk.
If you would like access to the Personal Information that We hold about you, you can do this by emailing Us at email@example.com. There may be a nominal charge of £10 to cover administration costs.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information, or practices of this website, or if you want your Personal Information removed from Our marketing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org